The village of Ashland, New Hampshire is a lovely place of historic beauty. Nestled in the idyllic Lakes Region of New Hampshire, Cheney House Bed & Breakfast is one and the same.
The Victorian allure of Cheney House offers an escape from modern-day stress, and an unforgettably quaint reprieve for all visitors. Whether visiting the White Mountains or the sprawling Squam Lake, Cheney House welcomes individuals eager to embrace nature’s glory every day.
Before venturing far, take a stroll through the spacious backyard or picturesque flower garden on site. From there, visitors have the endless possibility of biking, fishing and swimming throughout the nearby Lake Winnipesaukee grounds. Guests more inclined to adventure out should check out the incredible glacially formed Polar Caves in the White Mountains region. However, if craving a more antiquated feel, the legendary “Castle in the Clouds” mansion is also open for daily art exhibitions or visit the renowned Keepsake Quilting Shop.
For more information about the proximity of these and other gorgeous sites, please contact Cheney House Bed & Breakfast today. Cheney House strives to accommodate every guest’s itinerary and would love to be of service.
Area Attractions & Activities
- White Mountains,
- Lake Winnipesauke
- Lake Winnesquam
- Lake Winnipesauke Boat Cruises
- Polar Caves
- Castle in the Clouds
- Squam Lakes Natural Sciences Center
- Hobo & Winnipesauke Railroads
- Canterbury Shaker Village
- Franconia Notch State Park
- Mills Falls Shopping (Meredith)
- Outlet Shopping (Tilton)
- Boating, fishing, swimming, hiking, biking, golfing, horseback riding, antiquing, skiing,
- Squam Lake Natural Science Center nhnature.org
- Keepsake Quilting
- The Flying Monkey : Movie House and Performance Center